Practice-Based Learning Leadership Module
This module contains a total of 4 parts with each part providing up to 4.5 hours of practice-based learning.
Who is this course for?This online practice-based learning has been developed to support pre-registration Dietitians in their understanding and development of leadership skills and behaviours in practice.
Some of this module is designed to be completed alongside a project or audit work which will give you the opportunity to practise leadership skills and personal qualities. You may be contributing to parts of a project or audit, or be working on the whole project or audit alone, or with a team.
You will be asked to complete relevant activities and record these in an online record of your work. This helps to provide evidence for your practice-based learning hours.
What will I learn?
By the end of this online module, you will:
- understand what leadership is and why leadership skills are important as a healthcare professional
- improve your understanding of the skills and behaviours needed for good leadership
- develop your self-awareness of personal leadership skills and behaviours and help you to start to put these into practise
- develop your understanding of working within teams
- develop and practise leadership skills and behaviours within a team
- develop your understanding and practise the skills and behaviours required to manage resources and other people
- increase your understanding of how to improve healthcare through leadership skills and behaviours
- develop and practise leadership skills and behaviours through project work
We would like to thank the following people for developing the content for these modules:
Emily Walters RD, BSc (hons), MSc
Working Group Members:
Ruth Boocock RD
Fiona Moor BSc, MSc, RD, FBDA
Thushara Dassanayake RD
Thanks also to NHS Leadership Academy for providing permission to use the NHS Leadership Academy Leadership Framework and the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model.