to intermediate course will build on existing knowledge and skills in the
management of enteral tube feeding. The course aims to enable confidence in
everyday practice in adult enteral
nutrition. The course is designed for participants who are newly qualified band
5 dietitians with less than 2 years’ experience or for those to whom enteral
feeding is a new speciality.
● Demonstrate a working knowledge of the range of enteral tube feeding routes, methods of insertion and the different tube types available.
● Plan enteral feeding regimens, selecting appropriate feeding route, type of formula and method of administration.
● Identify complications and adjust regimens and/or treatment appropriately.
● Identify appropriate nutritional monitoring parameters and evaluate treatment.
● Understanding of ethical considerations in enteral feeding